Welcome

Welcome. This my AS Foundation Portfolio blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence and evaluation for my coursework project. Peace out.

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Costumes and props

This is the band logo I have created with  a font that was downloaded from a site with no copyright's on the font itself and I created the image from scratch using pain to create the initial triangle then photo shop to add the shining effect. I decided to design it like this because I thought it was realistic and a band could possibly use this as their actual logo.

I decided to use this combination of clothes because it has a classic look about it due to the contrast of colours. I also decided to use them because it fits well with the targeted genre therefore appealing to the target audience. This outfit will be model number 1's (smoking and holding the guitar).

i decided to include a cigarette as a prop because it has a cool and laid back appearance to it and throughout conducting my research i noticed many artists were smoking in their photos meaning that smoking seems to be a stereotypically indie styled thing to do.

I am using these clothes as a costume because they look similar to model 1's clothes but less colourful because he will be sat behind a set of drums therefore his clothes won't ne noticable, making having colourful clothes useless. I picked similar trousers to show the union between the remaining two band members. 
I chose to use these clothes for the female model because
it is stereotypically what an "indie" girl would wear and due to the
lighter shading of colours, it indicates a light-hearted article based around that model.



I decided to include this guitar as a prop for my
magazine because it is a big musical symbol and it fits the target
genre meaning it will appeal to the target audience
because of it's flashy, eye-catchy appearance.


Similarly to the guitar, drumsticks are a musical
symbol  
which implies what the magazine is all about. It also indicates the
type of band's that will be included in the magazine due
to it being a prop for the main cover and double page spread.

I decided to use a microphone as a prop
despite it not neccessarily being needed because
it fits in well with the guitar and drumsticks and it's
a vital part of the magazine because the article
is based around a singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment