Welcome

Welcome. This my AS Foundation Portfolio blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence and evaluation for my coursework project. Peace out.

Thursday 29 March 2012

Evaluation Question 5 - How did you attract/address your audience?

To make my front cover look similar to that of a professional front cover, I took inspiration from magazines that share a similar genre to mine such as NME, Mojo and Kerrang! I did this by imitating but not fully copying features of these magazines, for example: I used a similar font to Kerrang! for the magazine title because that style of scratched and messy writing appeals to the audience. I also decided to include an "!" like Kerrang! have in their name because it makes the title appear bold, stand out more and appear to be unique. Another Idea i developed is having the main model covering up a portion of the magazine name, this happens in almost all magazine's. I was able to identify this when conducting primary research. This happens because the audience can already predict the name of the magazine and the model becomes the focus of the page when it covers up the mast head, creating a sense of intrigue within viewers. I believe this has attracted my audience due to the front cover having some inspired features from a proffessional magazine which my target audience is attracted to due to its style and layout, means my product should also attract the target audience due to it having some key similarities.

For my double page spread, I took inspiration from the primary research into similar products that I conducted at the start of my project. I took a similar styled magazine and analyzed the spread, noticing that even if the article only takes up two thirds of one page, there's still plenty of content to attract the audience (images). I thought this design would attract my audience due to the targetted  audience being teenagers, I figured they would not want to be reading masses of article content and would enjoy reading it leasurely meaning less article content is neccessary. To disguise the small article I incorporated images and quotes similar to that of a "My Chemical Romance" article in a Kerrang! magazine.

I conducted a piece of written research and got feedback from five students and asked them what attracted them to my product and what was good about it overall, the following animation is a recording of the findings:


GoAnimate.com: Evaluation Question 3 - How did you attract/addres by Cairnsie95

Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com. It's free and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment