Welcome

Welcome. This my AS Foundation Portfolio blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence and evaluation for my coursework project. Peace out.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Primary Audience Research

I conducted some primary audience research in order to:
    • Find out what appeals to my target audience
    • To discover any flaws or potential improvements that could be made to my magazine genre
    • To identify any gaps in the market and place a refreshing new twist on the genre
     




















    These are the products I did, with a selective sample from my target audience, I found that:

    These are the questions I did:
    1. What caught your eye first when you first looked at the front cover?
    2. Did you like the colours used? If so why? If not, why not?
    3. Did the find the main image on the front cover appealing? If so why?
    4. Why music genre appeals to you most?
    5. What are your 3 favourite things about this magazine?
    6. What 3 things would you do to improve this magazine?
    7. Did you find the contents page effective?
    8. Was the double page spread appealing enough to make you want to read on? If so why?
    9. Did you find the advertisements appealing? If so why?
    10. Overall, out of 10, how much would you give this magazine?
    These are my responses:
    In this video he noticed the red font first and noticed that all things that are important are also highlighted in red. This has given me good feedback because it has given me an indication that if there are any important points in my magazine, perhaps highlighting them would be a good idea, found the red very appealing because it makes the magazine look passionate because that's one of the connotations of red along with insanity and blood. Listens to main stream chart music.
    From this response I also found that the red was used effectively to highlight key areas. Main image appealing because it consists of very abstract props such as a pocket watch, walking stick and top hat which can be seen as unusual for a modern rock band to use. A mixture of music appeals to her, generally pop and chart music but also a bit of Indie/Niche music too.
    Also found the red used to be appealing, dangerous and bold. Noticed the red first before anything else and thinks the red connotates the danger and excitement of the band Kasabian on the front cover which is exactly what the magazine intended because they described the new album as "dangerous". Double page spread needs more writing on it because it doesn't have enough to cover a story so in my magazine, plenty of content is essential. The contents page was described to be "easy to navigate" which is good feedback because I can take influence from it and use similar traits in my contents page.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment