Welcome

Welcome. This my AS Foundation Portfolio blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence and evaluation for my coursework project. Peace out.

Monday 23 January 2012

Impact Of Target Audience

The target audience has influenced my decision of designing, layouts and content. One reason is that to begin with my ideas were originally less mature as main stream magazines such as NME, Kerrang or MOJO which i have researched into with great detail and have found that the age group is higher than i expected meaning that the magazine will have to have a mature appeal to it. Another factor that has been influenced is the content of my magazine because from the NME reader profile i have found the products that teenagers generally buy; Music related technology, soft drinks, junk food, cars and music festivals. I have taken this into account because it generates ideas for what content i can use one the two page spreads and/or advertisements.

Kerrang has influenced my ideas for my magazine because the target audience they have attempted to appeal to is similar to the target audience that I am aiming for. I noticed that the house style was kept less striking which is good because it presents a sense of proffessionalism. The reason i am taking their ideas into account is because they have also conducted research on audiences and what appeals to them most.





NME have influenced my decisions about designing because it has a mature appeal to it due to its high target audience age, this is good because it gives me an idea of what style to use and how mature or "out there" the appearance of my magazine can be, NME also researched what appeals to their general target audience and what does not.
Mojo has influenced my design ideas because i like the font used throughout the magazine, its easy to read yet striking to the ye because of the sharp edges each individual letter portrays and also gives the reader a sense of proffessionalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment